|Watercolor Basics - Color Temperature
|Getting Started with Watercolor is a self study watercolor workshop for the serious watercolor student.
It includes an instructional DVD and printed workbook. An optional Watercolor Starter Kit is also available.
AVAILABLE SOON! Please check back for more details.
- Generally, both red and yellow are considered warm, while blue is indisputably cool.
- More specifically, warm and cool colors are relative to where a color falls on the color wheel.
- The warmest color is red-orange and the coolest color is blue-green.
- Everything between those two points has a slightly warmer color on one side of it and a slightly cooler
one on the other.
- Its neighbor is either warmer or cooler depending on the direction you are going.
Glossary of Watercolor Terms
- In the Palette
- On the Paper
- High Key
- Low Key
- Full Contrast
Alternate Color Wheels
More to come!
This page has been updated. Refresh this page to see
the latest content. Thanks for stopping by!